Windows 10 installation through USB flash drive has been elaborated in this article. You can install Windows 10 easily with our step by step tutorial. Windows OS v10, from the date of the announcement of its launch had created hype among the tech lovers. All the notified flaws of windows 8 have been rectified and some features have been included to make it more powerful.
As Windows XP has shut down its services and upgrades, every one are urging for windows 7. After some time or the other time it is estimated that windows 7 would also be stopped and the users cannot get upgrades to their OS anymore. SO it is recommended to get higher versions of the Windows OS. As there are some bugs and failures in windows 8 it is suggested to upgrade your PC to windows 10.
It looks great on your PC. It has included security features, email notifications and almost all features like a smartphone. It takes a bit lot of your disk space to install windows 10 on your PC. It is recommended to at least have more than 6 GB internal space to run your device smoothly after installing windows 10.
You cannot get it free for now. But it has released during its initial stage of launch to the valued customers of windows as an upgrade. It was only available for the registered users. He users without registration are not eligible to get it for free. Of course you can buy it if you want to use it.
If you are the genuine user of any of the windows OS as windows 7 or 8 which is lower than windows 10 and want to upgrade to the latest windows 10 OS you can get it here. Go through the link in a step-by-step manner to get it in detail.
If your device doesn’t support CD/ DVD R/W then you have to install through a USB flash device. Or you can get it from your neighbour or a friend in a USB flash device. But you don’t know how to install it through USB flash drive. SO we came up to help you in knowing the step-by-step guide of windows 10 installation through USB flash drive.
Windows 10 Installation through USB flash drive
Before trying to install windows 10 on your PC, it is recommended to know the system requirements to avoid unnecessary faultiness.
- 4GB USB drive for 32 bit
- 8 GB USB drive for 64 bit
- Minimum 1 GHz processor
- 1 GB RAM for 32 bit
- 2 GB RAM for 64 bit
- 16 GB device storage
For this process you don’t need any external sources like Rufus to get your job done. Simply you can use the resources you already have.
Follow the guide of windows 10 installation through USB flash drive.
Backup your data to keep it safe as this may erase your existing data. Also unplug any external drives to avoid confusion between which drive to choose.
- Open command prompt and run as administrator to avoid errors during the installation process.
- Enter DISKPART command and press enter key
- Check the disk list by entering the command LIST DISK and press enter. It will display all the available disks.
- Now enter these commands one after the other
- CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY and press enter
- SELECT APRTITION (number of the partition you would like to install the OS) and press enter
- ACTIVE, press enter
- FORMAT FS= NTFS QUICK and hit enter
- ASSIGN and press enter
- EXIT and press enter and minimise the command prompt
- Open the location of ISO file and right click on it to display the sub menu. Click on Mount option available there. Note the drive letter (eg., J, H, G etc.) of it by opening My Computer in windows 8
- Windows 7 users can use mounting softwares to know the mounting drive letter.
- Execute the following commands in the command prompt.
- Replace the letter K with your mount drive letter.
- After seeing the success message, close the command prompt.
- Copy all the root files from mount drive to the USB flash drive through which you are going to install windows 10.
- Insert the USB flash drive to the PC where you want to install the windows 10 OS and switch on the PC
- Press the function key which is enabled to enter into the configuration settings.
- Choose the USB flash drive mode to install the PC which is not the default.
- Now all you need is to follow the installation guide to install windows 10 on your PC through USB drive.
- This may take up to 30 minutes or more based on the system capabilities.
All done. You will now get windows 10 installation through USB flash drive on your PC successfully. Give Windows 10 a try. If you found this article, share it with your friends and let them get knowledge on this way of installation.