Updating your Windows 10 PC is quite a straightforward process, this post is for you if you are having problems finding the download links or wish to know more before you hit the “Install Updates” button.
Windows 10 is the latest version of Microsoft’s Windows operating system and is being used widely across the globe. Apple’s Mac OS being it’s the only competitor, there is no doubt that there are millions of Windows user’s out there waiting for new and exciting features to be incorporated in their PC.
How often does Windows release updates? and why?
Microsoft continuously strives to make its operating system better and more secure. There is no one reason I can point out as to why they release these updates. Sometimes they do it just to add some basic features while other times there is something special cooking up for its users. This November, Microsoft has most certainly made some major changes to the operating system.
Usually, Microsoft releases its update for the following reasons:
1) Microsoft releases software updates every time a new build is released. This is a major update and generally, takes time to download/install.
2) Every time they come up with new drivers for the components of your PC.
3) Changes in the User Interface.
4) To update the Windows Defender antivirus. This is a separate update but the download link shows up in the list of pending Windows update downloads.
Here is the step-by-step procedure to get Windows 10 November update on your PC
If you haven’t logged in on your computer for quite a while(to be more specific, since the second week of November), on logging in, you will see a red icon in the tray(at the bottom-right corner of your screen). Just click on it and the updates should start without any hassle.
However, the red icon does not stay for more than a day, so if you have missed it or deterred the task, you might not see the icon in the tray. In this case, you will have to locate the update links and start the updates manually.
To begin the process of updating, navigate to search bar and type “Settings”. Click on the first search result and head to Update & Security → Windows Update. Click on the button Check for updates. Wait for a few seconds for the update links to populate. Once they appear on the screen, click on Download and install it now.
That’s it! Close all other applications and restart your computer to let the changes come into effect. Also, keep in mind that depending on the internet speed, it might take a while for the updates to download, so don’t worry if the restart notification popped while you are working on something important. You can always postpone the restart by selecting Schedule the restart. Pick any day and time you want.
What’s new in Windows 10 November 2019 update?
1) The start menu expands automatically when you hover over the Windows icon on the bottom-left side of the screen.
2) You will also be able to create a calendar event simply by selecting a date. You can also add the name, time frame, and location of the event.
3) New filters added to the Notifications and actions tab.
4) Third-party apps are now allowed on the lock screen.
5) New and better search indexing options. Earlier, user’s had problems locating certain built-in Windows features. Now you can customize the Indexing options as well.
Also Read- How to Run Old Games on Windows 10