Are you tired of failing to sync your PC’s RGB components with the Asus Aura Sync software?
Is the ASUS Aura Sync app giving you restricting you from showing off your RGB rig?
I have been there and I know what it’s like to have one app ruin the gaming experience for you. So in today’s post, I will help you fix any issue related to the Aura Sync Software especially when the software stops working. Keep reading to find out the solution to your problem.
What is Asus Aura Sync?
Table of Contents
Before we get into why the software stops working and what we can do to fix it, let’s get to know the software better to understand how it works and what purpose it serves.
Almost all ASUS motherboards have RBG features that are common in pretty much every high-end motherboard out there. ASUS Aura is a software that allows the user to control the RGB lighting of Asus RGB products which includes motherboards, graphics cards, monitors, etc.
You can customize the light’s behavior with the help of this software to make for a more personal experience. You can turn off all the Led lights, set different types of effects with RGB lighting, choose the color of the LED light, and also control every individual light that is compatible with an RGB component.
This is a solid performing software but since its release, there have been many reports by users that their Aura software doesn’t work as expected. There are instances where the software does not open or goes into a not responding state. In this post, we will tackle the Asus Aura not working issue.
Possible issues with the Aura Sync Software
Aura Sync is an excellent software but like any other app, it has its fair share of problems. The application is tied to the controls on the motherboard. Hence, there are several reasons why your AURA application might not work. Some of the reasons include:
- Installation files: We have seen many reports from users stating that the installation files often got corrupt or became unusable.
- Installation path: Many users have reported that the installation path for the AURA software needs to be kept the default one otherwise the software fails to load.
- Conflict from other Lighting software: other lighting software such as software of Corsair etc. can clash with the ASUS Aura and resulting in such issues where the software stops working.
- Strip plugged in incorrectly: You might have not plugged in the strip that you are using correctly to the motherboard. This will in turn affect your LED connection and cause problems.
- Non-compatible Aura version: There is a possibility that the version of Aura Software you are currently using may not be compatible with your hardware.
- Fast startup: Fast startup helps in boosting your operating system but it can also clash with Asus Aura.
Definitive Fixes for Aura Sync Not Working
Before we move onto the solutions for Aura Sync not working, please check that your motherboard is not physically damaged including the RGB pins on it. Also, make sure that you are logged in as an administrator.
Try to disable fast startup
Disabling the fast startup feature on windows will also solve your default gateway errors. Fast startup is a feature that reduces the boot time when you switch on your computer every time. Here is how you can disable it:
- Go to the control panel
- Once you are in Control Panel, select ‘Large’ icons and click on Power Options.
- There, click on “Choose what the power buttons do” present at the left side of the screen.
- Now you will see an option that requires administrative privileges named “Change Settings that are currently unavailable”. Click on it.
- Now go to the bottom of the screen and uncheck the box that says “Turn on fast startup”. Save changes and exit. Restart your computer.
Reinstalling ASUS Aura
If you have disabled fast startup and the application is still not working, then the culprit for Asus Aura not working might be the software itself. In such a case, try uninstalling it completely and replacing it with a newer version.
Over time, the installation files get corrupt all the time with some temporary user data in the form of configurations. To uninstall the software, we will use Aura uninstaller to make sure there are no leftover files.
- Download the Uninstallation Utility and save it on an easy to access location on your computer.
- Now right-click on the executable file and select Run as administrator. ASUS aura will now be removed from your computer along with all its remnant files.
- Shut down your computer completely and take out the power cables of every peripheral from the CPU. Keep pressing the power button after for around 30 seconds. Now, wait for 5 – 10 minutes before connecting all the plugs back and proceeding with the solution.
- Now go to the ASUS Aura official website and download the application to an accessible location on your computer.
- Now launch the file and install the Aura application again on your computer.
Reconnect the RGB Headers
Most of the users reading this article would probably be using additional LED lights on their rigs. Connecting the RGB/ ARGB headers into the motherboard is a very necessary task for lighting up your computer and should be done carefully.
There might be a possibility that the RGB device is not properly connected to the LED header of the motherboard. When this happens the device will not light up which can give the illusion of the software not working so it’s best to reconnect the headers to make sure you connect them properly.
Uninstall other RGB Software
If you have other lighting software installed in your computer that controls the RGB lighting of other devices then this might be what’s causing the problem. It’s well known that ASUS Aura will clash with any other RGB software installed on your computer.
To fix this issue, go to settings>Apps>the RGB software name>uninstall Or, Control Panel>Uninstall a program>the other RGB Syncing apps. Restart your computer after doing these actions and check if the problem has been resolved.
I hope these four solutions will help resolve your issue with the Asus Aura Sync.