Download PuTTY for windows. Some might not have heard of PuTTY before, but this is because it’s not just any computer application you can pick up and start using with core computing knowledge. It is basically used by developers, network engineers, system administrators, as well as other IT specialists. It is simply a versatile and open source terminal program for windows. It happens to be a compelling choice in performing specific terminal communication and also connecting to remote systems.
Furthermore, findings show that PuTTY comes into play when Microsoft couldn’t go on with HyperTerminal. Irrespective of the fact that it was initially meant for windows, it is now being used by other operating systems.
It also supports several protocols such as Telnet, rlogin, SSH, xterm, SCP and also SFTP. Also, it gives support to various operating systems which include Windows 95, 98, 2000, 2008, 2003, Vista, NT, ME, XP and also Mac OSX and Nix. However, it is essential to outline the numerous features of PuTTY, and they are listed below;
Features of PuTTY
- PuTTY is made available for free compared to other similar programs out there.
- It comes with the capability to help with the remote administration of servers.
- It supports various clients such as SSH, Telnet, and SFTP, but it is used in this regard for command lines alone.
- PuTTY supports`SSH1 and SSH2 protocols.
- It also supports Active Directory and public key authentication.
- It uses separate programs command line for file transfer.
- It enables you to save your sessions. And this feature makes it easy for users to log in more quickly and picks up from where you stopped when the need arises.
- This unique application can be used without going through the common installation process and stress required by other similar softer.
- It possesses a simple interface that enables users to maneuver themselves through it in performing needed routines easily.
- It also offers users a wide range of functionality beyond its connectivity feature.
- It comes with the proficiency of add password fields.
- Excellent throughput data analysis such as RNA, DNA, and bioinformatics sequence analysis.
- It helps in easy writing of Linux script and it is easy to download.
- Its ever increasing users validate its reliability.
- It possesses cross-platform support as it is compatible with virtually all operating systems.
Note that the features of PuTTY are not limited to the above as it is versatile in such a way that every user gets to benefit from its usefulness.
With the requirement for network engineers, system administrator and developers to connect to remote server, it has become a convenient reality through PuTTY. However, users who have deals with writing macros and support for other protocols might need to try other programs. PuTTY has come to stay. Irrespective of other more sophisticated programs out there, users still prefer to stick with it PuTTY. And this is due to its reliability and efficiency in executing your terminal communication at no cost.