Windows Server 2016 ISO download with 180 days trial period. Download official untouched ISO of Windows Server 2016 evaluation edition free and safely. It is the cloud-ready operating system that delivers new layers of security, datacenter efficiency, and quickness in application development backed by Microsoft Azure, one of the world’s largest cloud datacenters.
Key features of Windows Server 2016
Table of Contents
The Virtualization area includes virtualization products and features for the IT professional to design, deploy, and maintain Windows Server.
Better protect credentials, the operating system, and virtual machines (VMs) with just-in-time administration and shielded VMs
Improve datacenter efficiency with virtualization, software-defined storage, and networking
Deliver application innovation with improved security, new modernization capabilities, and cloud-native app development
Windows Server 2016 provides a new Hyper-V-based Shielded Virtual Machine to protect any Generation 2 virtual machine from a compromised fabric.
Windows Server Anti malware is installed and enabled by default in Windows Server 2016, but the user interface for Windows Server Antimalware is not installed. However, Windows Server Antimalware will update anti malware definitions and protect the computer without the user interface. If you need the user interface for Windows Server Antimalware, you can install it after the operating system installation by using the Add Roles and Features Wizard.
Windows Server 2016 system requirements:
The following are the processor requirements for this server:
- 1.4 GHz 64-bit processor
- Compatible with x64 instruction set
- Supports NX and DEP
- Supports CMPXCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF, and PrefetchW
- Supports Second Level Address Translation (EPT or NPT)
The following are the estimated RAM requirements for this server:
- 512 MB (2 GB for Server with Desktop Experience installation option)
- ECC (Error Correcting Code) type or similar technology
Network adapter requirements
Network adapters used with this release should include these features:
- An Ethernet adapter capable of at least gigabit throughput
- Compliant with the PCI Express architecture specification.
- Supports Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE).
32 GB should be considered minimum space for successful installation. This minimum should allow you to install Windows Server 2016 in Server Core mode, with the Web Services (IIS) server role. A server in Server Core mode is about 4 GB smaller than the same server in Server with a GUI mode.
The system partition will need extra space for any of the following circumstances:
- If you install the system over a network.
- Computers with more than 16 GB of RAM will require more disk space for paging, hibernation, and dump files.
Software version: 2016
Publisher: Microsoft Corporation