Are you trying to enhance your gaming experience? Are you yet to try out several key switches that the mechanical keyboards come with?
I’d like to call your attention to the fact that a rubber dome or membrane keyboard does not work as great as a mechanical keyboard. Whether your work involves a lot of typing or you are a gamer trying to improve your gaming performance, it is worth having a look at the many white mechanical gaming keyboards I am about to review in this post.
In the last few years, mechanical keyboards have grown in popularity. Almost every gamer is aware of the different types of mechanical switches and how each one differs from the other. However, you will be surprised to learn that mechanical keyboards have been around since the 70s. They were quite popular back in the day.
Further, in the post, I will discuss how to choose the right switch for your individual needs. Let’s look at a few options to find out the best white mechanical keyboard for you.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Best White Mechanical Gaming Keyboards
- 1. Corsair K70 RGB MK 2 Rapidfire
- 2. Redragon K552W-RGB
- 3. Razer Huntsman Gaming Keyboard
- 4. E Element Z-88 White Mechanical Keyboard
- 5. Sades Blue Switches
- 6. Eagletec KG011
- The Difference Between a Mechanical Gaming Keyboard and Other Keyboards
- How to Choose a Mechanical Keyboard Switch
- Comparison Chart of Cherry MX Key Switches
- Our Pick
- The Difference Between a Mechanical Gaming Keyboard and Other Keyboards
- How to Choose the Best White Mechanical Gaming Keyboards
- Benefits of White Mechanical Gaming Keyboards
Best White Mechanical Gaming Keyboards
The Corsair K70 RGB MK 2 Rapidfire comes with Cherry MX Speed mechanical switches. If you are trying to improve your reaction time, then this is the best mechanical keyboard for you. Games like Defender, Tetris, Counterstrike, and Osu require you to have fast reflexes.
With a regular membrane keyboard, no matter how fast your hand-eye coordination is, you will always fall short. This is where a keyboard with Cherry MX Speed mechanical key switch comes into the picture. This switch offers a blistering fast 1.2mm actuation. You will be done typing while your opponent is still thinking about his/her next move.
Like every other mechanical keyboard, The Corsair K70 RGB MK 2 Rapidfire, too, is bulky. It weighs 1.25 kg. The mechanical switches have stainless steel springs in them. Furthermore, the detachable, soft-touch palm rest also adds to the weight.
If you have previously used a Corsair product, you will know that their computer peripherals sync seamlessly with the iCUE software (a driver software with additional features). You can control the RGB backlights with the dashboard. The settings also get stored in the on-board memory (8 MB) of the keyboard. If you decide to use the same keyboard with another device, you won’t have to set it right again.
Corsair K70 RGB MK 2 Rapidfire is Suitable For –
If you are an avid typist or a professional gamer, you will love how fast your keypresses register. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about getting the perfect desk for gaming; this keyboard comes with a soft-touch palm rest that eliminates the discomfort in your wrist area, particularly during the long gaming sessions.
- Get the RAPIDFIRE advantage CHERRY MX Speed mechanical key switches provide the reliability and accuracy you demand, with blistering fast 1.2mm actuation
- Aircraft grade silver anodized brushed aluminum frame, built to withstand a lifetime of gaming
- White PBT double shot keycaps for superior durability, look and feel
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback allow access to up to three stored profiles on the go, independent of external software
- Per key dynamic multi color RGB backlighting offers near unlimited color customization and control. HID keyboard report rate 1000Hz
- Corsair is a tried and trusted brand for computer peripherals.
- The iCUE software allows you to sync the RGB backlight with other Corsair peripherals on your PC.
- It is perfect for long gaming sessions and tournaments.
- It features a full key with 100 percent anti-ghosting. You can press more than one key at the same time.
- The quality of the LEDs can be improved.
- The keyboard is wired.
- The board gets slightly heated after prolonged use.
Best Overall Runner-Up
The Redragon K552W-RGB is a white mechanical keyboard tested for 50 million keystrokes. The key switches are designed as per Cherry MX Blue standards. Hence, it offers medium resistance while typing and also makes the trademark Cherry MX Blue crisp clicking sound.
For your pleasure, the key switches also provide the perfect amount of tactile feedback. The keys push the tip of your fingers outwards, so a good typing rhythm is maintained.
The tactile feedback improves your reflexes while playing multiplayer shooter games. When playing a shooter game, you want to be faster, sharper, and more precise than your opponent/opponents.
Redragon K552W-RGB is Suitable For –
The Redragon K552W-RGB is perfect for those looking for an affordable yet feature-rich white mechanical keyboard. Even the keycaps are precision-engineered, so the letters don’t scratch off. The RGB backlight is bright but not “too bright.”
- 87 Key Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Custom Switches (Cherry Blue equivalent) for longevity with greater durability and responsiveness offering clicky medium resistance audible loud click sound crisp precise tactile feedback for typing and gaming
- LED RGB Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard 18 different RGB lighting modes, 9 different colors, 5 backlight brightness levels, breathing speed. Precision engineered keycaps offering crystal clear uniform backlighting
- Anti Ghosting, ALL 87 keys are conflict free n-Key Rollover for ultimate Gaming performance. 12 Multimedia keys, Non-Slip Ergonomic, splash-proof Design with adjustable typing angle, High-Speed USB cable with gold-plated corrosion free USB connector
- Compact TKL Tenkeyless Ergonomic Designed Computer Keyboard Durable Metal-ABS Construction with Plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches that stand up during marathon FPS gaming sessions
- PC Gaming Keyboard Compatibility Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Limited Mac OS keyboard support. Works well with all major Computers Brands and Gaming PC
- It lasts longer than any other gaming keyboard in this price range.
- A lot lighter in weight than Corsair K70 RGB MK.2.
- You can even turn on the LEDs when your computer is in sleep mode.
- This is designed for those who prefer the clicking sound of the keys.
- The keys are raised at a proper height.
- The RGB backlight allows you to type in the dark. The light coming from the monitor doesn’t overshadow the keys.
- The plastic keys are a bit thin for my liking. They could be made thicker.
- The switches are noisy. The clicking sound can annoy your roommate or co-workers.
The Razer Huntsman Gaming Keyboard comes in a mercury white color. It goes well with both light and dark colored monitors. The new Razer Opto-Mechanical Switch makes it possible to achieve the actuation time up to 30 percent less than other products in the same price range.
This is one of those white mechanical keyboards that offer the features of both a traditional mechanical keyboard and a high-end optical keyboard. Razer has come up with a new switch design that can actuate and reset at the same time.
You will also be glad to know that Razer is a computer peripheral manufacturing firm operated by avid gamers like yourself. They have encountered the issues that you face while gaming, first-hand. Once you begin using this keyboard, you will realize that it is tailor-made for you. The attention to detail is simply sublime.
Razer Huntsman Gaming Keyboard is Suitable For –
Razer Huntsman Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is perfect for those who seek computer accessories with exceptional build quality. I understand that this product is a bit pricier than others, but it takes your gaming experience to a whole nother level. This high-end keyboard can also be used for fast typing.
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Gaming Designed: Keyboards, Mice, PC Headsets, and PC Microphones, Based on dollar sales, Jan. 2017- June 2020 combined
- Faster Than Legacy Mechanical Switches: Razer Optical switches use light-based actuation, registering key presses at the speed of light (30% shorter actuation distance than other clicky switches at 1.5 mm) with satisfying, clicky feedback
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30+ partners; supports 16.8 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Quality, Aluminum Construction: Covered with a matte, aluminum top frame for increased structural integrity
- Fully Programmable Macros: Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations to be remapped to execute complex commands
- It has one of the fastest keyboard switches.
- The key switches work on the concept of light-based actuation.
- Unlike other mechanical keyboards, you don’t have to put a lot of effort to press the keys.
- The keys can easily be replaced.
- It doesn’t store the entire profile on the on-board memory. Only partial information gets stored.
- It doesn’t have macro keys.
Best Value Runner-Up
Are you looking for a white gaming keyboard with smooth keystrokes and rapid actuation? Are you an avid gamer? The E Element Z-88 White Mechanical Keyboard comes with Cherry MX Red key switches, which are renowned for their longer pre and total travel distance. The keys are a lot quieter than brown and blue switches.
As far as aesthetics are concerned, E Element Z-88 comes in a bright white color. It is whiter than most white mechanical keyboards. Plus, unlike keyboards from Corsair, you don’t need additional driver software to program the keys.
With this keyboard, you can press multiple keys at the same time and program each key to be a particular color — you don’t need a dashboard to perform all these operations.
Furthermore, the keys have a longer keystroke than any other gaming keyboard in the list. However, to press a key, you don’t need to exert a lot of effort. Typing on this keyboard is almost effortless.
Hence, you will stay fresh and energetic throughout a long gaming session. During a tournament, you can use this feature as an advantage over your opponents.
E Element Z-88 White Mechanical Keyboard is Suitable For –
As I stated earlier, E Element Z-88 White Mechanical Keyboard is perfect for an avid gamer. Winning is crucial regardless of your experience level. Whether you are an amateur or a professional, this ergonomically designed keyboard can help you breeze past your opponent with ease.
- ❤ Hot Swappable Outemu Red Switches ▶ Custom mechanical switches designed for longevity, responsiveness, and durability. Offer the best linear and quiet typing experience. As well being ever so QUIETER than brown and blue switches
- ❤ Anti-ghosting 104 Keys, N-key rollover ▶ Allowing multi-keys to work simultaneously with high speed. Each key is controlled by independent switch, let you enjoy high-grade games with fast response.
- ❤ Programable full RGB backlighting ▶ You can program all of the keys to be the same color/what color you want with no driver needed. Preset 10 RGB Backlighting mode with Fn+Ins. There is a solid color backlit mode. Double-shot injection molded keycaps for extreme durability and clear backlighting
- ❤ Key Shortcuts and Ergonomic design ▶ Easy to access to calculator, email, web browser, volume, media etc with FN+F1-F12. Ergonomical design: the stepped keycap makes it sleek and thearc and slope fit your hands easily to prevent fatigue. Provides Windows Key lock for gaming
- ❤ Top Quality ▶ Top grade metal and ABS construction, Gold plate-mounted mechanical keys stand up to hardcore gaming
- It boasts faster reflexes — well-suited for gaming purposes.
- The keys don’t offer any resistance. They go straight in when pressed.
- Four drainage holes provided at the back in case the keyboard comes in contact with water.
- The RGB LED backlights are fully programmable.
- Rubber holders are provided at the base for a better grip.
- The body is made with robust aluminum alloy material.
- It has a gold plated USB connector.
- Although a Cherry MX Red is supposed to make less noise, this keyboard makes a clicking noise while typing.
- LED color combinations can be improved.
- The body is bright white in color. So, it is susceptible to dust and fluid.
If you are looking for the cheapest white mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blue key switches, then the Sades Blue Switches may be more suitable for you.
Sades is a Guangzhou, China-based gaming peripherals manufacturer recognized for its value-priced products. Most people who think they cannot afford a high-end mechanical keyboard get their minds blown away after using Sades Blue Switches.
The ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) double-color injection keycaps are easily replaceable. If the letters on the keycaps begin to scratch off (as is the case with ABS keycaps), you can purchase keycaps of any other brand, and they will fit perfectly.
That being said, you won’t have to worry about damage to the keycaps as Sades Blue Switches is designed in a manner to repel fluids, crumps, and dust particles.
Sades Blue Switches is Suitable For –
The Cherry MX Blue key switches are known for their crisp clicking sounds. The metallic clicking sound can be extremely satisfying when your work involves typing a certain number of words every day.
Copywriters, virtual assistants, and typists will enjoy using this keyboard. However, the clicking noise can be annoying if you work in a shared workspace or a regular office. Hence, it is suitable for those who work from the comfort of their home.
- The white LED backlight makes the keyboard appear enticing to use.
- It is an ergonomically designed mechanical keyboard.
- You also get an additional set of keycaps (although they come in the color pink).
- The keys are placed farther apart than other gaming keyboards. Hence, the precision of your typing is improved considerably.
- Easy to remove and attach keys to the switches. Swap them within seconds.
- The keycaps are made from ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene), which is a lower grade of plastic in comparison to PBT (Polybutylene Terephthalate).
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 users might have to download additional drivers to make the component work.
- It is a bit heavier than an average mechanical keyboard.
Best Budget Runner-Up
If you are in for a bargain-priced mechanical gaming keyboard with decent features, then the Eagletec KG011 might be the right choice for you. This surprisingly affordable product is created by Eagletec, owned by Challenger Technology Limited, a Hong-Kong-based computer peripherals manufacturer. They also provide customer service and tech support in the US and UK.
Eagletec KG011 is well-known within the gaming community for its unique features and unbeatable price. This product does come with a 30-day warranty, but you should not expect the company to pay for the shipping charges for replacement items. This is the only downside to buying PC components created by Eagletec.
Furthermore, the key switches are equivalent to the Cherry MX Blue. The clicking sound they make is not as loud as other keyboards with Cherry MX Blue mechanism but is softer and also quite soothing to the ears.
Further, Eagletec KG011 provides precise tactile feedback to your fingertips. Consequently, you type at a higher speed, with greater accuracy.
Eagletec KG011 is Suitable For –
Mechanical keyboards do provide a lot more benefits in comparison with a rubber dome or membrane keyboard. However, some of them (especially with the Cherry MX Blue Key Switch) are quite noisy.
If you feel the need for a soothing clicking sound while typing, then Eagletec KG0011 is for you. Besides, I have already talked about the affordability of it.
- Gaming Keyboard for Home or Office the EagleTec KG010 with 104 Keys and Dust Proof Blue Switches (Cherry MX Blue equivalent) Clicky, medium resistance, audible loud click sound, crisp precise tactile feedback, good for typing and gaming
- Blue LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboard offering 9 different Backlighting and Brightness Modes the precision engineered keycaps offering crystal clear lettering that doesn't scratch off
- Aircraft Grade Aluminum Abs Construction the PC Gaming Keyboard is constructed of Aircraft-Grade Aluminum and ABS with plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches that stand up to tough gaming conditions
- Ergonomic Keyboard, Anti Ghosting All 104 mechanical keys are conflict free (n-Key Rollover), Non-Slip Ergonomic Spill Proof Design. Full Size with Numeric Keypad, Multimedia Keys, WASD Arrows Key Exchange, Lockable Windows key
- USB Mechanical Keyboard with lights Compatibility Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Limited Mac OS keyboard support. Works well with all major Computers Brands and Gaming PCs
- It is an ergonomically designed keyboard.
- It enables switches equivalent to Cherry MX Blue.
- It is compatible with Windows XP, Windows 7, and newer versions of Windows OS.
- The structure is sturdy and stable.
- Industrial Aircraft-Grade Aluminium is used in the construction of this PC peripheral.
- The keycaps are replaceable.
- The switches can last for more than 50 million keystrokes.
- Customer service can be improved.
- The keys are made from average-quality ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) material.
The Difference Between a Mechanical Gaming Keyboard and Other Keyboards
In the past few years, keyboard manufacturers have come up with membrane keyboards to cut the manufacturing costs and provide users with budget-priced options. A rubber dome or membrane keyboard has a layer of rubber beneath each key. The rubber acts as a barrier between the plastic key and the switch.
So, how does a mechanical gaming keyboard differ from a regular keyboard? And why should you use it instead of a regular one? Well, both consoles optimally perform their primary function, but there are a few critical differences in them.
With a mechanical keyboard, you get to choose from three options: Linear Switch (aka Cherry MX Red), Tactile Switch (aka Cherry MX Brown), and Clicky Switch (aka Cherry MX Blue).
Cherry GmbH is a German computer peripheral-device maker who came up with these mechanisms first. Such is not the case with a membrane keyboard where you have to go with the conventional rubber switches.
How to Choose a Mechanical Keyboard Switch
Unless you are clueless about which white mechanical keyboard to pick or you already have used one previously (and are looking for something more specific), you don’t need to learn more about the several key switches available in the market.
However, it is always good to educate yourself sufficiently so you can make a mindful choice as to which keyboard to choose. Some of the jargon may seem too technical but bear with me; once you get your hand on a switch tester, things will get as clear as water.
As I already mentioned in the section above, every key switch for a mechanical keyboard comes into three main categories: Linear, Tactile, and Clicky. Let’s have a look at what each one of these works and what they signify.
Types of Mechanical Key Switches
A linear switch is one of the simplest of the key switches. It goes straight down without any hindrance. The keycap that presses has another layer beneath known as a switch.
The mechanism of a switch varies from key to key. Cherry MX Red is an excellent example of a linear switch. Further, Cherry MX Black, MX Silent Red, MX Silent Black, and MX Silent Silver also come in this category. Gamers prefer linear key switches as they have the shortest actuation period.
Tactile switches are quite similar to the linear ones, but the mechanism sends back tactile feedback once the key is pressed. When you press a key with a tactile switch, you feel a bump in the middle of travel. The bump happens just before the keypress gets registered by the computer.
Tactile switches are best for those looking for a conventional keyboard for their gaming and typing needs. Cherry MX Brown is a tactile switch.
Along with providing tactile feedback, the clicky switch makes a clicking sound. People who work from the comfort of their home prefer a mechanical keyboard with a click switch as the noise can be loud enough to annoy or disturb the co-workers. Cherry MX Blue is a clicky switch.
Comparison Chart of Cherry MX Key Switches
To formulate the below chart, I have used the data provided by Cherry MX, one of the pioneers in the mechanical gaming keyboard industry. You can use this chart to compare the most popularly used key switches in the industry.
The measuring factors such as Operating Force, Pre Travel, and Total Travel might seem unheard of. But I have shared them with you so you will be in a better position to choose a white mechanical keyboard for your gaming or typing needs.
Also known as the Actuation Force, Operating Force of a key tells you how you have to press a key for it to get registered by the computer. The more the Operating Force, the more effort will be needed to get work done.
However, it also ensures greater accuracy. Hence, for typists, keys with a high Operating Force suit the best. It is measured in centinewton (CN), which is a unit of measurement of force.
Pre Travel is the actual distance the key has to travel to reach the base of the switch. It is measured in millimeters. Bear in mind that the Pre Travel distance does not include the distance traveled by the key to getting back to its default or resting position.
Gamers prefer key switches with a low Pre Travel distance. Hence, they prefer MX Speed Silver, which has a Pre Travel distance of 1.2 mm.
As the name itself suggests, Total Travel is the distance traveled by a key when it hits the base and returns to its default or resting position.
Generally, the time taken by a key to bouncing back to its default position is lower than the Pre Travel time, but the distance is the same.
|Comparison of Cherry MX Key Switches|
|Name||Type||Operating Force||Pre Travel||Total Travel|
|Cherry MX Red||Linear||45 CN||2.0 mm||4.0 mm|
|Cherry MX Black||Linear||60 CN||2.0 mm||4.0 mm|
|Cherry MX Brown||Tactile||55 CN||2.0 mm||4.0 mm|
|Cherry MX Blue||Clicky||60 CN||2.2 mm||4.0 mm|
|MX Silent Red||Linear||45 CN||1.9 mm||3.7 mm|
|MX Silent Black||Linear||60 CN||1.9 mm||3.7 mm|
|MX Speed Silver||Linear||45 CN||1.2 mm||3.4 mm|
After reading this post on the best white mechanical keyboard in 2020, I hope you are in a better position to choose the right product. Picking a gaming keyboard is not about trial and error, especially when you are a novice gamer and aren’t making any money using your craft. For a novice gamer, it is essential to try out several types of keys using a “switch tester.”
From the above list, E Element Z-88 is my personal favorite for gaming purposes. This product is created from Huo Ji, a Chinese computer peripherals manufacturer. When the price and features of this keyboard are taken into account, no other product comes even close. Also, the bright white color goes well with both dark or bright colored PC cases.