Sending international fax messages has been a challenge to many people in the current digital world. In this article, we explain in detail how to send an international fax message and how to send fax messages online for free.
The fax service is no longer as popular as it was back in the 80s and 90s with the invention of email and internet messaging services. However, fax is still used across businesses to communicate to each other and send vital, confidential and legal letters/documents through fax messaging.
Ordinary fax machines mostly use a landline phone line to connect and not an internet connection. The users who wish to use an internet connection should use an online fax message through email and the internet. In the next sections we look at the steps one has to take to send fax across international borders for free. To send an international fax instantly and at low cost, we recommend using eFax, RingCentral and MyFax services.
Read on to understand the three faxing services better as we discuss them in detail below.
What do I need to fax internationally?
To start sending or receiving fax on a fax machine you need to have a functional fax machine, a working landline phone line, a phone cord/cable and the fax machine’s power cord. The following items are also needed before sending an international fax:
- The receiver’s fax number
- The international exit code for the country you are sending the fax from
- The receiver’s country code
- A fax document
- A cover sheet (recommended)
- Fitting blank pieces of paper to receive the fax
- Toner or ink for your fax machine
eFax is a fast and easy way to send and receive faxes through email or website browsers. The service allows anyone with an internet connection and a device to access fax messages. You can access your faxes by logging into your eFax account anytime from anywhere around the world.
Some of the features available on eFax include:-
- Digital signature- It has become easier to sign documents and send them online. eFax Digitized Signature replaces the process of signing a document, scanning then sending the document online.
- Large file sharing- Share your videos, conference calls, documents, photos and large file that would otherwise not send on email.
- Compatible file formats- You don’t need to convert your PDF/TIF formats to be able to fax. eFax provides a range of file formats to Linux, Windows and Mac users such as CAD, Lotus 123, Quattro Pro, and Postscript files.
How does eFax work?
eFax® can send Google fax free through an email, web browser, smartphone app, or eFax® Messenger desktop software.
- Open a new fax
For email users, insert the receiver’s fax address as the email to send. The web browser users should click “send fax” to start a new fax. Finally, eFax® Messenger users should click “file” then select “create new fax”.
- Attach documents
eFax web browser users go to the attachment area and select “choose files”. eFax® Messenger users click on the paper clip icon and choose the documents you want to fax. The email users can select files the normal way you attach files.
- Send the fax
Once you’ve selected the documents you want to fax, click send and await confirmation.
eFax subscription: US$12.95/month (2 month free with an annual plan) to send 150 and receive 150 pages per month.
RingCentral fax supports traditional faxing while providing a bridge to more modern, convenient, and cost-effective internet communications. The service also integrates online fax with RingCentral’s VoIP (online phone) suite.
Some of the unique features to RingCentral fax service;-
- Various ways to fax using the web browser, email, smartphone apps and desktop software
- Full integration with a suite of VoIP phone services.
- Wide range of administrative and enterprise services.
How to fax using Ringcentral
- Start a new fax through email, web browser, smartphone apps and desktop software.
- Attach the documents to be sent by fax.
- Send the fax and wait for confirmation.
Ringcentral subscription: Starting from US$12.99/month to send or receive a total of 750 pages per month.
MyFax is one of the best fax services in the market. The company offers quality user experience at low cost and without any hidden costs. The platform offers unlimited fax storage with a FREE trial period of 30 days. Some of the unique features to MyFax include;-
- MyFax Mobile App- Eases the process of sending fax by allowing the sending and receiving online fax on the go.
- MyFax 50- Send fax to up to 50 team members at a go making the process fasterin case of large numbers of recipients.
- Online fax archives- Sent and received fax on MyFax are stored on an online archive and can be accessed later.
MyFax subscription rates: They have 3 payment plans- Bronze, Silver, and Gold. The Bronze gives you 100 pages to send and 200 fax pages to receive in a month for €13.00/month. The Silver subscription costs €19.00/month to send 200 fax pages and receive 300 fax pages a month. The Gold premium service costs €32.00/month to send 400 and receive 500 pages a month.
How to send an international fax online for free
Sending an online fax message is quite different from the traditional fax machine method as all that is needed is an internet connection and a device to send a fax. Online fax messages are sent through email and web browsers.
First of all, you need to choose the best online fax provider. Many of the sites currently available do not offer free services. However, the partnership between Google and HelloFax allows users to send up to 50 pages of fax messages per month on the platform. The steps below explain how you can send international fax online for free.
- Go to HelloFax official website to sign up using your Google Account.
- Once signed up, go to the Dashboard and select “Send fax”.
- On the resulting page, attach the documents to be sent by online fax. Some of the supported formats include .doc, .pdf, .jpeg, .jpg, .png and .gif.
- Enter the country code and recipient’s fax number or email on the ‘Fax Number’ field.
- Send the fax and wait for confirmation.
Sending fax is still an integral part of daily communication between enterprises and businesses. The ability to send signed documents internationally through fax makes the interactions simpler. We recommend the use of eFax, RingCentral and MyFax as they offer the best services to international fax. You can let us know of any questions you have regarding sending international fax in our comment section below.