If you are just starting out in SEO and digital marketing, you would most likely be surprised to know that there are actually specific trends that you should follow in order to increase your chances of ranking higher in Google and other search engines.
If you own a WordPress site, you should know that it is actually easier to implement these things with the presence of plugins that provide functionalities and lets the users optimize the sites in the most efficient way. In this article, we will give you a few of the best plugins you can incorporate in your WordPress websites to make it easy for you to apply these optimization trends.
Is WordPress SEO-Friendly?
Before we proceed with the plugins, let us first debunk the issue about WordPress actually being an SEO-friendly platform. Actually, WordPress prides itself as one of the most SEO-friendly CMS in the market today. Here are some of the reasons why they claim it.
- Content Creation: Many marketers say that they have not yet found a CMS or other platforms that let them add and format content the way WordPress does. WordPress has a very user-friendly interface that lets website owners add content without a fuss. And, we all know that the more high-quality content a website has, the better it would be for its SEO.
- Built-in Basic SEO Features: WordPress also has built-in settings that help in basic SEO requirements such as custom permalinks, image alt-texts, and categories for better site structure.
- Clean Codes: The themes and templates that WordPress developers make are properly coded in the right format in a way that it can be easily crawled by search engine spiders and get the information that they are looking for.
SEO Ranking Factors and Trends in 2018
To better guide you with the plugins that we will list later in this article, you should take a look at this list of the factors, aspects, and trends that most search engines look at when they are ranking websites. If you understand these trends, you will know why we have included the plugins we list here.
- Keywords in technical tags such as title tags, description tags, and header tags
- Page Speed
- Structured Markup of Data
- Image Optimization
- Internal Linking
- 404 Errors Evaluation
- 301 Redirection
- Twitter Cards and Facebook open graph
Best WordPress Plugins for SEO Implementation
Now that you already have an idea about the ability of WordPress to help in a website’s SEO efforts and you already know the different factors that search engines look into when they are ranking websites, here is a list of some of the most popular and effective plugins you can add to your WordPress websites.
- Yoast SEO
What better way to start this list than the most popular SEO plugin? Almost every website owner that uses Yoast SEO leaves a 5-star rating. This is primarily because of the additional features it offers the users. This includes:
- Suggestions on internal linking
- Managing redirects
- Keyword reports
- XML sitemaps
- Page analysis and content evaluation tools
Generally, Yoast SEO is the perfect choice for those who are still starting with SEO. The features are so intuitive that it actually makes it easier for SEO newbies to learn and follow along.
- Premium SEO Pack
If your SEO level is on the intermediate level and you are ready to invest a little in your SEO efforts, you may want to start with Premium SEO Pack. It has 24 modules that are available for a one-time payment. Here are the features that are included:
- Focus keyword analysis
- Page SEO scores and reports
- Custom Permalinks
- Facebook Planner
- W3C Validator
- Local SEO
- Mass Optimization
- 404 Monitoring
- Video Sitemap
- Keyword Suggestions
- Page Analysis and Recommendations
While the previous two plugins in this list are concerned about the technical aspects of SEO, this one is more focused with the creation of a mobile-responsive version of your WordPress site.
When you activate this plugin, it will automatically create a simple, intuitive, and fast theme for your WordPress website that is mobile-friendly. What is more interesting is that Google actually recommends this plugin so it is already a no-brainer that you will be on Google’s good side when you use this plugin.
Also, you should not really hesitate in adding this plugin to your WordPress website because mobile visibility has become a priority considering that most Internet users are accessing search engines through their mobile devices.
WordPress is already a powerful CMS in itself that is packed with a lot of features. However, we are lucky enough that it actually enables us to add plugins to extend its usability and become more efficient with the SEO aspect of our digital marketing efforts. So, consider the plugins we mentioned above. Do your research and see how you can implement them on your WordPress website.
Ritu Sharma is the Content Insights Manager at SEO Services Company PageTraffic, one of Asia’s most award-winning & recognized Digital Search Marketing agency. She has been the spearhead of many successful Content Marketing Campaigns for PageTraffic.