In this tutorial you will learn how to install Windows 7 on a computer.
Here I have given all the information and tools required to install Windows 7 step by step.
STEP 1. Where and how to download bootable Windows 7 ISO image
First thing you need is the iso image of Windows 7 to install it on your computer. Here I have given the link to download Windows 7 Ultimate ISO. Please check the architecture of you system if it is 32 bit or 64 bit.
Windows 7 ISO file is huge in size (2.4 GB for 32 bit and 2.7 GB for 64 bit). I would recommend you to download IDM-Internet Download Manager, It can increase your download speed upto 5 times.
STEP 2. How to create a bootable flash drive or disc.
Once you have downloaded the Windows 7 iso image. You are ready to create a bootable disc or flash drive. Minimum size required of DVD or Flash drive is 4 GB.
There are lot of tools available on internet to create bootable disc and flash drives, free and paid versions. One of the popular tool is UltraISO or PowerISO. Here I will use PowerISO to demonstrate but you can use any one of your choice.
Steps to create bootable USB drive:
- Start PowerISO
- Insert the USB drive you intend to boot from.
- Choose the menu “Tools > Create Bootable USB Drive”. The “Create Bootable USB Drive” dialog will popup. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 / 8 operating system, you need confirm the UAC dialog to continue.
- In “Create Bootable USB Drive” dialog, click “…” button to open the iso file of Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Select the correct USB drive from the “Destination USB Drive” list if multiple USB drives are connected to the computer.
- Choose the proper writing method. “USB-HDD” is recommended.
- Click “Start” button to start creating windows 7 / 8 bootable USB drive.
- If no errors occurred in the above process, you should now be all set to setup Windows 7 / 8 from USB drive!