Almost everyone uses a Smartphone and everyone is aware of Mobile Hotspot or Tethering. In Android Smartphone, Mobile Hotspot and in Windows mobile it is Internet Sharing. With Mobile Hotspot you can make your android Smartphone a WiFi Hotspot with which you can connect other devices to use Internet. But are you aware of this fact that you can also make your windows 10 Laptop a mobile hotspot too and can connect other devices to use the internet. Let’s understand this with an example. Assume your Laptop is connected to ethernet or a WiFi. And you want to connect your mobile too with the internet. So at that time you can make your laptop a WiFi Hotspot and connect your Smartphone or any other device with your laptop to use internet.
How to turn your Windows 10 Computer into a Wireless Hotspot
This is so easy to make your Windows 10 Laptop a mobile hotspot to share the internet. Just follow these steps and you will be able to create a Hotspot on your Windows 10 laptop.
- Just Go to Settings of your Computer. Or just type Settings in search in the taskbar.
- A new window will open in front of you.
- Click on Network and Internet.
- On the left side you will see various options like Status, WiFi, Dial Up and many more. There you will see a options with a name Mobile Hotspot.
- Now turn on the menu “Share my Internet Connection with Other Devices”. If you are connected with any wifi network or ethernet cable then it will turn on. If you are not connected then it will show ”We can’t setup mobile hotspot because your PC doesn’t have an Ethernet, WiFi or mobile data Connection”.
- After Creating Hotspot you can set a password for your Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot.