In the last few years, ransomware attacks are on the rise and cybercriminals are increasingly developing new techniques to harm your data and files to get profit. For those, who do not know what it does; a ransomware attack starts controlling your device and encrypts the data, which can affect your business or reputation. Recently, one cyber-attack that affected almost 99 countries was WannaCry Ransomware. It has highlighted the importance of safeguarding your device by using different methods and tools.
What exactly WannaCry Ransomware can do?
Like all other cyber-attacks, it can affect your whole device. In simple words, ransomware WannaCry enters your system and creates encrypted copies of particular files, and then, deletes the original files with encrypted files which cannot be unlocked without recovery keys. The hackers can increase the ransom amount and can threaten you for paying them to get rid of this problem.
Horrible isn’t it? If you do not want to face such situations and thinking how to prevent ransomware, then here are a few tips worth reading-
Keep Your PC Safe from Ransomware
- Install updates– First of all, update the older version of your system and turn on the auto updating button so that Microsoft can recommend you software or antivirus
- Back up your files– If you have not made a backup of your important files, and then do it as quickly as possible. Regularly save copies of your file and make it a habit.
- Do not run any doubtful files– Most of the cyberattacks, including WannaCry enter your computer with the help of careless users, who don’t even know the files they are using. These files are usually sent by email or links, via unauthorized addresses. If you receive any link or attachment, never open such emails and delete them from everywhere.
- Ensure the safety– Enable your firewall and notifications and a good third party antimalware is a better option to prevent such threats.
For those, who are already infected it is too late, but still, there are options available to remove WannaCry ransomware from your device-
- Contact authorities– You don’t have to panic, just call the authorities who can direct you and protect you from the threats and let them check if your system is infected with ransomware or not.
- Paid alternatives– You can scan the hard drive and contact your help forum for ransomware Apart from this, you can also browse some of the most effective resources, which provide paid services for cyber attacks.
- Use Ransomware removal tools– This is one of the most effective solutions, you just have to use an authorized ransomware removal tool, which can decrypt the encrypted files and remove the viruses effectively from your computer. Here are some of the most popular and free ransomware protection tools according to experts- AES_NI, BadBlock, Crypt888, Bart, Legion.
As they say “prevention is better than cure” make sure that you prevent the WannaCry Ransomware before it affects your computer and, ruins your life.